IOCOM is a company that specializes in the technology industry by providing video conferencing software and products.
Two individuals by the name of Kevin Gleason and Michael Galich founded this company in the year 1998 and is currently headquartered in Chicago, IL. This leadership of this company consist of:
- Tim Hackett C.E.O. (Chief Executive Officer)
- Tim Miller Executive Vice President
- Jon Swanson CTO (Chief Technology Officer)
- Gary Refka Vice President
Their main product is Visimeet Software. Visimeet allows you to communicate or chat with others through multipoint (link) video and audio.
This is a professional / commercial service that works in settings like auditoriums, medical buildings, convention centers, etc. It has features that give you telepresence experience.
To give you an idea of the credibility of this company with other corporations, they service the following:
- Rolls Royce
- West London Cancer Network
- US Dept. of Defense
IOCOM also conducts business in Brazil, Singapore and the United Kingdom. Visimeet requires subscription to be done in order to use it.
According to their website, Visimeetâ€™s services include:
- Personal Contact List
- Instant Messenger (IM)
- Community Groups
- Muliparty Meeting with unlimited participants
- Re-Occuring Automated Scheduled Meetings
- Presenter Mode Where only the presenter is visual, Recording Capabilities, Moderator Capabilities
- Raise Hand Feature Participants can notify moderator if they have a concern
- Data Transfer Features File Transfer, Ability to share files of various sizes with other members of your meeting, Share files from external drives such as Flash Drives, Hard Drives, Share Powerpoint Presentation, Adobe PDF files
- Audio Features Echo Cancellation which allows you to listen in on meetings without audio feedback.
- Independent Audio Controls Allows each user to control separate audio outputs
Many of these commercial companies use IOCOM service due to the fact that it meets their needs professionally.
Also they provide the telepresence features in order to have a professional conference.